What we look for
We believe there’s no such thing as a typical Allen & Overy candidate and we actively seek a diverse trainee intake. We also mean it when we say your university and degree subject doesn’t matter – 45% of our trainees are from non-law backgrounds and we do not have a shortlist of preferred universities. Our current trainee intake often represents over 30 different universities.
We will look for the following skills and attributes throughout our selection process:
We look for a consistently strong academic performance. All candidates must:
- be on track for or have achieved a minimum of a 2:1 (or equivalent) in their first degree in any discipline, and we ask you to provide all of your degree module grades on the application form (regardless of whether they count towards your degree)
- have achieved AAB (340 UCAS points) at A-level (or equivalent), and this must be achieved in three A levels taken in the same year and excludes General Studies
At Allen & Overy we will look for you to demonstrate these core skills:
- A commitment to a career in international commercial law
- A commitment to, and clear articulation, of why you want to work at Allen & Overy
- Commercial awareness of both the law and business
- Planning and organisation
If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to discuss any additional requirements that may need to be made during the selection process, please e-mail Charlotte Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your query in confidence.